AdWords was first released on 23 august 2000 as an online advertising platform under the Google flagship developed by Bill Gross. Salar Kamangar was responsible for the creation and development of the AdWords concept. He was the first business hire at Google and he oversaw the creation of the AdWords product.
Google AdWords is an online tool developed by Google by which various services and products could be promoted in the online market so as to attract more crowds in your domain. It helps the providers of the products and services answer to the question “to know what the consumer is looking for?” The search provided as result is a detailed one, as it also tells us about the average number of searches for a particular requirement in a considerable amount of time.
Google AdWords is widely used by digital marketers to rank websites by finding keywords for a certain project. It also suggest us more alternative keywords for a better page setup. The suggestions provided by the application also accommodated with the number of times they are searched, as well as they let know the period of how long the time period have been considered.
Google AdWords is a paid source of advertising as well. AdWords has evolved into Google’s main source of revenue, contributing to Google’s total advertising revenues in 2017. AdWords offers services under a pay-per-click (PPC) pricing model. This service is enabled by many businessmen for which they pay Google in return for per click made by consumers to reach their website through the Google search engine.
The AdWords program includes local, national, and international distribution. These ads are presented by Google in the text, pictures and video format.
Google AdWords is now the leading online advertising establishment as well as provides a base for learners helping them to understand the concept of digital market.
It has been the base of digital marketing, as it helps in searching of keywords. It could be signed in by gmail ids as it all comes under the Google flagship.
FACT: ALMOST 80% OF GOOGLE’S INCOME IS GENERATED BY ADS FROM GOOGLE ADWORDS (LATER RENAMED AS GOOGLE ADS.)
Features of Google ads
1. Google rakes in 33% of all online ad revenue (38.6 billion out of 117.6 billion)
2. The average click-through-rate for a Google ad is 3.16%
3. An ad in the first search position has an average click-through-rate of more than 7%
4. Number of businesses advertising on the Google Search Network: Over 1.2 million
5. Number of sites that are part of the Google Ad Display Network: Over 1 million
6. YouTube (part of the Google Ad Display Network) has a monthly viewership equivalent to roughly 10 Super Bowl audiences
7. A YouTube homepage Ad costs, on average, $400,000
8. There are at least 300,000 mobile apps currently serving Google Mobile Ads
9. Mobile phone listings work: 70% of mobile searchers call a business directly from Google Search
10. 33% of all Google search clicks are generated through mobile
11. Spending on PPC ads rose 12% year-on-year in the fourth quarter of 2013
12. The click-through-rates on Google AdWords jumped 25% in Q4 2013 vs. Q4 2012
13. Between December 2012 and December 2013, there was a 27% Increase in total AdWords spend
14. In 2014, 72% of Google AdWords marketers plan to increase their PPC budgets
15. Online marketing, including PPC ads, is 54% successful at generating leads
16. Local TV advertising (on the other hand), is 1% successful at generating leads
17. Businesses make an average of $2 in revenue for every $1 they spend on AdWords.
18. If there is no right-hand column, 45.5% of people can’t tell the difference between organic and paid search results.
19. “Insurance” Is the most expensive AdWords keyword. It costs, on average, $54.91 Per click
20. The Google Display Network serves 180 billion impressions (views) each month, equalling about 6 billion every day
TIP by Optimized Infotech is one of the Best and oldest Training Institute in Pune & Pimpri-Chinchwad for Digital Marketing & Other IT Professional Trainings. We offer Digital Marketing Courses in Pune with Internship & Google Certification at Three Different Locations Kothrud, Shivajinagar & Wakad.